Author Topic: Hello there!  (Read 13902 times)

Offline Teks

• View Profile
    • Email
Hello there!
« on: January 08, 2008, 10:25:22 pm »
Hey! I'm new to the whole  AMV scene.
I like anime.  I'm actually a car mechanic going for pre-med, go figure.
19/male

A couple of years ago I used to help my father work on photo editing and graphics design (Corel Draw, and Photoshop of course), once Creative Suite came up, I dropped all this.
Now I'm trying to get back on the horse, and I would really like to try my hand at editing videos in general, starting with AMV's.

This has probably been asked a ton of times, but here it goes:

Do you guys have any professional experience doing this?
What's your favorite program(s) that you use and in your opinion, your best work?

Thanks for any answer!
Erick C.

Offline Castor Troy

• RDS Member
  • Alien Mindbenders
    • AOL Instant Messenger - castortroy3g
    • View Profile
    • Video Game AMV Projects
    • Email
Re: Hello there!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 12:31:36 am »
Hey! I'm new to the whole  AMV scene.
I like anime.  I'm actually a car mechanic going for pre-med, go figure.
19/male

A couple of years ago I used to help my father work on photo editing and graphics design (Corel Draw, and Photoshop of course), once Creative Suite came up, I dropped all this.
Now I'm trying to get back on the horse, and I would really like to try my hand at editing videos in general, starting with AMV's.

This has probably been asked a ton of times, but here it goes:

Do you guys have any professional experience doing this?
What's your favorite program(s) that you use and in your opinion, your best work?

Thanks for any answer!
Erick C.

Welcome to the boards!

I've only had freelance experience, making dvds for families and one for my dad's company. Hopefully, I can start making it a professional career and move on to TV shows and eventually films.

My favorite editing program is a tie between Adobe Premiere 6.5 and Pro CS3. Although I would have to choose CS3 between them.

I would choose my TMNT video as my best work in terms of storytelling and Naruto Ball Z as my best work in effects, both can be found on my member page..
http://www.randomdestination.net/members/castortroy/

Best of luck to you!

Offline mexicanjunior

• Retired Dude Studios
  • RDS Member
  • It's a process...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 08:56:16 am »
Hello Teks!  :D

I've only done freelance stuff as well...

For editing, I have found Adobe Premiere 6.5 to be the best program I have worked with (much more control than WMM). I use MS Paint for all my graphics, I always keep it basic...  :P

My best work in terms of editing and effects was probably my NBA Jam video (Hoop Dreams) for VG3. My favorite to watch is probably HAMV Hell just because it has alot of music I really like and I think some of it is funny...  :P

Offline Teks

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 10:11:24 pm »
Alright! That's a high bar you guys set up here.

I've been hitting a bunch of tutorials for CS2 (My teacher lent it to me, heh). As soon as I get comfortable with picture editing as the good ol'days I'll try the video part of it.

Thanks for the answers, I always wonder what's across the road, now i got a better idea of it.