Author Topic: RDS is the new AMV.org  (Read 22508 times)

Offline Tab

• I LOVE YOU FINDER
    • MSN Messenger - cybertab@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Tab+is+on+AIM
    • View Profile
    • ⌘-Q
    • Email
RDS is the new AMV.org
« on: January 12, 2008, 02:34:33 am »
I hereby declare it.

So what's up AMV?

Offline Koopiskeva

• ACTION!!!!!!
  • RDS Member
  • Damn hand! Let me go so I can get my groove on!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - CTC+Koopiskation
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: RDS is the new AMV.org
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 02:42:30 am »
Who are you?  |:

Offline Nessephanie

• RDS Member
  • Cookie Monster
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nessephanie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 03:08:34 am »
does this mean I'm cool...?

Offline yokoseishirou

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 03:28:40 am »
Good To know That I can upload my videos here now  8)

Offline Corran

• RDS Member/Site Admin
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ecpcorran
    • View Profile
    • Random Destination Studios
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 05:08:19 am »
RDS > AMV  ??? :o

But... you do know I'm an admin here and at the org, right?  ...or do you consider me to be one of the supposedly non-existant cool admins?   :-\

In any case, it is true the atmosphere here is more lax.  Lax -- but typically dead.

Good To know That I can upload my videos here now  8)

Expect that feature to be added in the year 2525.  >_> <_<

Offline Tab

• I LOVE YOU FINDER
    • MSN Messenger - cybertab@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Tab+is+on+AIM
    • View Profile
    • ⌘-Q
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 04:41:29 pm »
But... you do know I'm an admin here and at the org, right?  ...or do you consider me to be one of the supposedly non-existant cool admins?   :-\
It's not like all the admins are total assholes. I mean, Doki and Dero are still there, they're just not nearly as present. It's just that the "in power" group in general has devolved into intense faggotry since I was last hugely active (2004). AD was cool. Phade was relatively cool. TJ is a huge failure. And the people wielding banhammers irresponsibly (aes, Kal) are even worse.

There is no fucking sane reason in the world why Requiett and I should have been banned from the IRC. We're regular contributing members of the community (also we are awesome). TJ's "ownage" on the forum was full of facepalm and out-of-context. I mean, I was horrified at what had become of the community when I was permaband in '05 (without warning) for linking to tubgirl in the chat BY FUCKING PWOLF. I mean he and I were previously and are now cool with each other. It was totally out of the blue for me. When aes decided to re-perma-fortotallyrealthistime-ban me for acting like #amv was #4chan again without warning, and nobody stood up to it (Kalium defends it to this day, everyone else thinks it's fucking lame), it was like, "What the fuck, guys?"

I paid money to get on DF purely because I had found some old OT and Video threads on my hard drive, from back when things were super cool. I wanted to see if that thing was still going on, hidden, in DF. It sort of is, but the horrid attitudes populating that community thread shows it's still pretty long gone.

Outside of the little bubble of animemusicvideos.org, most of the alums I know now look at the place as a joke – a shell of its former self. I wasn't just bawwing about bans in that thread, I was voicing my own nostalgia and the disdain of others. Of course, nobody saw through to that, but I guess that could say something in and of itself.

amv.org was my home when I was still too much of an internet faggot to survive in the real world, but not enough of an internet faggot to not want to be social. It was a transitionary community for me and it holds a distinct place in my memories. Much like exes, I'd like to be able to go out for coffee with amv.org once in awhile and just kick the shit without everyone being dicks about it. It's become increasingly difficult. Jesus Christ Becky, I meant it when I said in that email that I hoped you guys were happy. Why can't you just get over the slut comment?  :'(

Anyway it doesn't matter now that my 4chan temp ban is over and I won't be bored enough to go on nostalgia trips about amv.org like I was a week ago.

The effects of sleep deprivation have been proven similar to those of heavy alcohol consumption so I'm going to blame that on the fact that I JUST WROTE THAT FUCKING MUCH.

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Just bring nachos
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PieRowM
    • View Profile
    • Donuts Inc
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 05:20:19 pm »
I'm with Tab on the ORG bashing. The place used a beacon for creativity and interest for me, now its a cesspool of elitist bullshit who feels has to operate on a business-like level and act "professional". It's a fucking hobby. Most of my gripe comes from the elimination of the OT forum sections and the downplay of the AIM chat room, places where madness was genius and should have been left as such. Someone gets linked to Tubgirl in the chat and they get all huffy and offended? Take it up with the guy who linked it to you for fucks sake. This isn't a democracy, it's a community.

Offline Castor Troy

• RDS Member
  • Alien Mindbenders
    • AOL Instant Messenger - castortroy3g
    • View Profile
    • Video Game AMV Projects
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 08:06:20 pm »
I must not pay enough attention to the .org to notice these problems.

Although I do agree that a few people are a little too full of themselves from time to time. I just kind of stopped caring.

Offline mexicanjunior

• Retired Dude Studios
  • RDS Member
  • It's a process...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 01:29:05 pm »
Dangit Pie, I should have come down to Houson to see you for Halloween...

Offline Koopiskeva

• ACTION!!!!!!
  • RDS Member
  • Damn hand! Let me go so I can get my groove on!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - CTC+Koopiskation
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 11:22:15 pm »
let's overthrow the world  O:

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Just bring nachos
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PieRowM
    • View Profile
    • Donuts Inc
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 04:08:36 pm »
Dangit Pie, I should have come down to Houson to see you for Halloween...
The world would have been a better place if you had, my friend :up:

Offline Goketsu

• MSN Messenger - FullmetalX425@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • animemusicvideos.org (My page)
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 08:25:24 am »
let's overthrow the world  O:
i agree XD