Author Topic: Couple of movies...  (Read 11763 times)

Offline mexicanjunior

• Retired Dude Studios
  • RDS Member
  • It's a process...
    • View Profile
    • Email
Couple of movies...
« on: December 03, 2007, 01:40:45 pm »
This weekend I saw a couple of movies, here is the rundown:

The Mist - This was a really good movie, probably the best of the horror genre I have seen this year. The ending is really out of left field and depressing but I was glad it wasn't the normal cookie cutter ending for this type of movie. It had a great cast and, eventhough it had no real name actors, didn't feel like some Sci-Fi movie of the week. Definitely worth a watch... :up:

No Country For Old Men - This was quickly becoming one of the best movies I had seen this year up until about 30 minutes before ending. Then, for whatever reason, it takes a really bad turn and made me wish it would come to an end. For about an hour and half, the tension and action sequences were fantastic. They were building up to a great climax and then, it just went south and no climax was to be had. The Cohen brothers really dropped the ball and what could have been a fantastic movie... :down:

Offline Kristyrat

• Hi.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Couple of movies...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 11:26:46 pm »
Sweet, I wanted to see The Mist, the short story was orsum, as with most of King's short works. Shall look forward to it then :up:

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Just bring nachos
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PieRowM
    • View Profile
    • Donuts Inc
    • Email
Re: Couple of movies...
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 06:24:33 pm »
What you said about No Country For Old Men applies to I Am Legend too. It starts off incredible, almost brilliantly well done. Then at some point, it falls and crashes to the ground. It's even more agonizing because they start off with so much potential but fall short in the end.